Drugs and alcohol can take us to some pretty terrible places. Many of us, once we get sober, are astounded at the depths that we allowed ourselves to sink to when we were still living in active addiction. What we considered to be “normal”, and things that didn’t even phase us, are entirely foreign to the lives we get to live as long as we practice a program of recovery. Below are some experiences that provide a pretty clear argument for getting help, before it is too late.
If you’ve ever…
- Snorted anything
- Vomited on someone repeatedly
- Sold possessions to buy drugs
- Fallen on your face and not felt it
- Searched for drugs in your carpet
- Chosen drugs or alcohol over a relationship
- Smoked crack
- Pawned your grandmother’s jewelry
- Been on a first name basis with more than one bartender
- Missed important events because you were too high or hungover
- Lied about where you were on a daily basis
- Blacked out before 5pm on a weekday
- Lost your car
…you might be an addict.
The good news is, you don’t have to live that way anymore. Call Serenity Acres to speak to an addictions professional today, at 1-800-203-2024.